Welcome and thank you for taking a moment to learn about College Bound Jump Start. The college search process is one of the more difficult and most misunderstood activities families encounter. My approach is to supplement and complement the work of the student’s high school counselor and get the student going in a realistic and achievable direction. I work with students in South Jersey and the greater Philadelphia area.
I call this service a “Jump Start” because it is meant to be get students and their families moving quickly in the right direction during two in-person sessions. At the end of these sessions the student and his or her family will have a clear sense of the entire admissions process, a schedule of key events and milestones and, most importantly, a clear plan for choosing a set of colleges that best matches the student in a variety of ways. If additional support is needed, such as assisting with college essays, a reasonable and affordable fee schedule is available.
Having over 40 years of experience in higher education, I know how the admission process works from both the students’ and colleges’ perspectives. By focusing on what is truly most important to you, the student and the family, and not what is simply most popular or best known, everyone will feel more in control of the process. The final deliverables are both a list of colleges that offer the best potential fit for your academic and personal interests, strengths, and needs, and a clear understanding of the tasks required to complete the process successfully.
* Individualized college admission advice
* One-on-one service working directly with you and your family
* Counsel for course selection
* Counsel for extracurricular activities
* Review and revise college essays
* Reduce anxiety over this complex and important process
* Organize and manage the application process
All services provided by an experienced professional with:
- 40+ years experience in Higher Education, both public and private
- Significant employment as a college advisor, admissions counselor and director
- Extensive knowledge of undergraduate, graduate and professional schools
- Advanced degrees in counseling and human development
For more information, including pricing and scheduling, please complete the “Please Contact Me” form on the second page or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.